So Many Women Suffer Silently from Anxiety or Depression
So Many Women Suffer Silently from Anxiety & Depression.
Why have we made these feelings and disorders so taboo that people feel they can’t even reach out for help when struggling with them?
Let’s get real!
We’ve all dealt with a bit of anxiety and depression in our lives. I can be the first to admit that myself.
Very recently I have been plagued with the emotional and physical symptoms of anxiety after leaving my full time registered nursing job to help spread the word of health and wellness full time. Leaving what I knew for the past 9 year (a very comfortable place) that gave me so much certainty and no real worries, venturing out on my own to support myself with a dream that I’ve had for the past 4-5 years was nothing short of scary and a bit overwhelming at times. There were mornings where I didn’t even want to get out of bed because I didn’t want to face the day and what work needed to be done. I can remember feeling so much uneasiness in my chest like constant butterflies set up shop in that thing! The pressure I placed on myself during this time didn’t help….
So What I Had to Do:
1. Call it out and name it for what it was
2. Search for the root of where the anxiety was coming from and which thoughts were leading me to feel this way.
3. Fact check those thoughts to see if they were really true or just opinions I was creating in my head.
4. Get support from my coaches to help me get out of my own head and get back to what was really true and what was really going on. As well as be around supportive and positive women who inspire me to do better each and everyday.
5. Run to get that adrenaline pumping, zone out and clear my head.
6. Take time for self to meditate, journal, and connect my soul to the ultimate power and promise God has for me and you!
Now through that…
I have come out stronger and so will you!
Times like these will always happen throughout our lives, but it’s important to… First, know what’s happening so you can call it out. And two, have the proper tools to push through so that you still thrive in the beautiful chaos that is life!
Mental Health vs. Mental Illness, Podcast Episode Drop! Be sure to catch this awesome episode with Semikah a Mental Health Therapist as we scratch the surface on such a taboo topic.